So, it's the holidays now, and WAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.
Haven't done much revising, but this week was quite a blast!
Monday and wednesday were eaten by extra math lessons and guitar practice, and tuesday was a day to slack.
But thursday and friday was da bomb. Physics enrichment camp was the most awesome shit ever.
It reignited the physics fire in me, so I think I will walk down my education memory lane in this post.
In kindergarten I was the stupid kid. Not that anyone actually cared about results, but I was getting like 5 or 6 while all of the others got full marks for those little unccessary tests.
So on I went to primary school. Again, I was getting mediocre results.. my worst subject was chinese.
I had no idea why I was so fail at it. I was actually doing quite fine in kindergarten.
So when I got to p2 my parents decided to send me for chinese tuition.
I remember sitting at the playground, playing my pokemon or Dragon Warrior:Monsters on my gameboy while waiting for my sis' tuition session to end. Oh, the nostalgic and good times it was..
So I was getting mediocre results in Rosyth primary school, until my mom got me a tuition teacher for math, science and chinese (all in 1)
Boom yada, I got into the best em2 class in p5. I dont know how my tuition teacher did it, but props to her.
PSLE came, and I got 230 instead of my expected 240.
I was initially posted to Kuo Chuan Secondary. But I thought it was going to ruin my life since it was a neighbourhood school.
So I decided to shoot for the best school my results could get me into : Maris stella high school, with the exact cutoff point 230.
Initially I was lazy to appeal in, but my parents did it for me. Luckily, they succeeded and I got in.
Sec 1 and 2 were the who-gives-a-fuck years. The only fears I had was failing too much and getting kicked out.
But no matter how little I studied, I wouldn't get the extreme fail results that would get me kicked out. Not that the school actually kicks anyone out for fail results, lol.
So I got so complacent and didnt give a damn about any of my subjects. I only started studying a little in sec2, to try and get into a science class.
But hell no, my results were so bad I got into one of the back humanities class.
Again, I was lazy to appeal but my parents did it for me in the end. I was put on probation and got through it.
I remember my first day in 3dominic. It was extremely awkward.
Then classes started. I sat beside Ken, who was beside keith.
Ken was like "keith is awesome he does alot of stupid things".
So I knew keith would be an awesome friend. Because I liked to do stupid things too.
So in the end, I became good friends with keith (albeit the fight once).
Actually, I became friends with everyone else too because everyone did stupid things. LOL.
Then, I got interested in Physics when I found that it was interesting. Especially when jengoh was my teacher.
Albeit weird, jengoh was a teaching genius that could get anything into our brains.
I struggled in sec 4, and finally got an l1r5 of 12 points.
12 points is the dumbest score you can get, really. After 2 points deduction, I was just on the verge of NYJC and MJC cut off point.
If I put them as first choice and didnt get in, I might have had to go to TPJC. Which I kind of didnt want to.
I loved NYJC and MJC, but it was the scaredy cat mentality that finally got me to put CJC as first choice.
My first impression of CJC was an extremely fucked up one.
All my classmates were like, CJC sure full of stgabs and NSKs that will fuck your life if you hang out with them.
And when I visited the school during open house, it was gloomy and I didnt like it. Maybe it was the rain, or maybe because it was 4pm.
In the end, I reluctantly put CJC was first choice.
So, I got in. But after hearing my 12 pointer friends succeeding in getting into MJC and NYJC as their first choice, I was like wtf, I should have taken the risk.
I went to appeal but didnt get in.
So here I am, in CJC. But its all good, its fun, not bad as I imagined it to be.
Now for the A levels.